Legal Office Manager
Legal Office Manager
Administrative Support Staff
$100000 - $150000
Essential Job Requirements:
Human Resources Management:
- Oversee support staff including Legal Secretaries, Office Services and Receptionist.
- Partner with Human Resources and the Recruiting team on local staff hiring and the new hire orientation/integration/I-9 process for attorneys and staff.
- Maintain a professional and positive work environment by facilitating effective communication and information sharing among professional, paraprofessional, management, and support staff.
- Manage the evaluation process for the BSG staff, providing input on promotion and compensation.
- Resolve general support staff issues, conduct performance coaching, and implement disciplinary actions, as needed, in coordination with the Director of Human Resources.
- Plan, assign, and direct work, appraising performance, and resolving issues.
- Approve work hours, PTO, and overtime.
- Manage office-based contracts.
- Working with the Office Managing Partner, assign office and desk space to new employees, including lawyers, paralegals, and BSG.
- Manage office facilities and office supply inventory.
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance of the office space such as painting, carpet cleaning, furniture repair, etc.
- Coordinate in-house office moves and lateral attorney offices moves.
- Work with building management on day-to-day facilities issues such as building security, cleaning and maintenance, HVAC, emergency preparedness and general tenant issues.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of office facilities such as safety programs, security systems, supplies, and equipment.
- Identify, approve, and manage communications with vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of the office operating expense budget and monitor monthly budget variance analysis and cost control.
- Enter, reconcile and approve all local administrative expenses in Chrome River.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day administration of the office.
- Assist with special projects and office events.
- Act as a liaison with general and administration departments (e.g., Finance, IT, Human Resources, Records).
- Work closely with the Office Managing Partner in planning and execution of office-related initiatives and events involving staff and attorneys.
- Local level policies and procedures interpretation and implementation.
- Ensure IT/AV support and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- College degree, preferably in management;
- 3+ years of administrative management experience in a large, multi-office law firm or professional service setting;
- Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels of firm’s structure.
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment;
- Must have strong business understanding, leadership, organizational and analytical ability; and
- Ability to work outside normal business hours to support 24x7 operations.