$90000 - $100000
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations
* Discovery and Case Management. Oversee the management of the matter files from inception through resolution. Prepare documents for production and filing. Interface with vendors and legal staff on all aspects of document review and production.
Experience with online review platforms. Maintain both hard and soft files. Able to organize documents efficiently. Experience with managing reviewers for document reviews and creation of privilege logs. Appreciate the reporting capabilities of any review platform in creating a privilege log. Have a deep understanding of best practices for the collection and movement of data and the compliance issues and risks that ensue.
* Searching and Research. Exceptional experience with query building in online databases and review platforms. Experience with a variety of information resources, including print media, libraries, bar associations, and other online resources. Perform research using Pacer, Lexis, , Practical Law, and Westlaw as well as docket research.
Liaise with document source to procure requested documents. Research and obtain publications of an arbitrator or expert. Familiarity with sector specific sources of information and documents: GAR, ISLG, Kluwers, Edgar and Best's, among others.
* Motions Practice and Depositions. Identify documents relevant to witnesses. Create binders, index and organize exhibits and transcripts. Perform blue-booking, cite- checking, and Shepardizing briefs. Draft tables of authorities. Maintain case calendars and comply with docketing procedures. Deep understanding of federal, state and local rules of procedure regarding filing and service of process.
* Prepare for depositions, trials, hearings, and mediations, whether remote or in- person. Travel to same, as requested. Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents. Coordinate trial set-up and logistics. Serve as liaison among attorneys, vendors and other support staff.
* Have demonstrated ability with respect to the above Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations.
* Experience in International Arbitration is preferred
* Excellent computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with Relativity, DISCO, or other similar review platforms. Certification in Relativity highly recommended or provided.
* Able to work independently and juggle multiple matters under tight deadlines.
* Superior organizational and project management skills.
* Able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
* Ability to work overtime both nights and weekends as needed.
* Available for occasional travel.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year accredited college or university and at least two years related litigation experience. Ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience
* Ability to read and interpret legal documents. Ability to write in a succinct, legal style and to speak effectively before groups of clients and/or employees of the firm.
* High proficiency (or stronger) in Spanish a plus.