White Plains, New York
$95000 - $120000
* Verifies wages, withholdings and deductions where multi-state tax laws apply.
* Counsels legal and non-legal staff regarding payroll issues/problems and ensures adherence to financial and firm policies.
* Investigates and adjusts reported irregularities in pay.
* Develops and runs audit reports to monitor payroll requirements.
* Compiles statistical and audit/edit reports.
* Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
* Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
* Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
* Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
* Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
* Recommends and participates in disciplinary procedures.
* Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
* Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
* Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
* Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
* Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
* Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
* Manages Firm resources responsibly.
* Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies, and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Strong knowledge of Federal/State tax laws which pertain to payroll
* Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (i.e. Lawson or other payroll systems), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
* Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
* Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
* Ability to effectively supervise others
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
* Demonstrates close attention to detail
* Ability to defuse a tense situation
* Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
* Personally handles more complex issues/duties requiring independent exercise of discretion and judgment
* Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
* Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of three years related experience and one year of supervisory experience