Practice Resource Attorney
Practice Resource Attorney
$200000 - $250000
Role summary/purpose of job
This is an inaugural role and will involve designing, implementing and maintaining practice resources for the group. The Practice Resource Attorney will play an instrumental role in:
• helping our lawyers operate more effectively and efficiently, thereby contributing to the group's ability to continue to foster and grow relationships with our clients
• supporting the group's knowledge management initiatives, including tracking key market developments, developing and maintaining a database tracking key "market" terms in financing transactions
• raising our market profile, including assisting in connection with the preparation of client trainings, articles for publication and materials for speaking engagements, attending conferences and participation in industry organizations
• working with partners on the team to train associates on the team, including developing and expanding our training program
• providing on-going assistance to attorneys on the use of resources and the creation of new resources to support the above.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
• Work closely with partners and counsel to establish scope of work and design workplan for this inaugural role.
• Develop, organize and maintain internal website and wiki.
• Collect and make accessible forms, memos, training materials and other resources.
• Manage and update precedent resources.
• Stay apprised of changes in applicable laws, market data, and best practices in order to accurately maintain (and in some cases prepare) model forms.
• Draft blog posts, client presentations and other materials with other lawyers in the team in connection with market and legal developments.
• Work with other practice resource lawyers and associate development to help design and deliver training programs for associates and summer associates .
• Work with business development to promote client and group initiatives, including client training programs, presentation materials and briefing notes.
• Prepare targeted research and analysis in connection with various internal or external initiatives.
• Assist with market research into specific transactions and industries.
• Work with our global leveraged finance knowledge team and other practice support professionals to optimize forms, precedents and other resources and related systems.
• Communicate important market developments to the New York team and, where applicable, global leveraged finance team, through internal communication and training, client communication, and relevant industry organizations and publications.
• Attend webinars and/or conferences to increase awareness of the latest legal technology as it is relevant to the Leveraged Finance practice.
• Capture and distill experience and insight for reuse to improve performance.
• Provide internal training and consulting on knowledge management concepts and methodologies.
• Plan, develop, stand up, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
• Help disseminate information about the firm's knowledge sharing program to internal audiences and maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the firm.
• 4+ years of bank loan financing experience in a large law firm with an active leveraged finance practice (preferably with experience representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies).
• Ability to work independently.
• Desire to play leadership role in developing and promoting this inaugural role.
• Confident and effective communicator with various members of the firm, both attorneys and staff.
• Adaptable to changing business needs.
• A skillful listener with an open style; good at facilitating discussion.
• Excellent influencing skills.
• Good networking and sharing of ideas and success.
• Clear and up-to-date understanding of business environment and processes and good working knowledge of the group's strategy.
• Ability to think strategically in terms of culture and behavior, business process and technology and tools.
• Good appreciation of client needs at both operational and strategic levels.
• An understanding of the principles of knowledge management.
• Appetite for working in a dynamic global law firm in a growing practice.