New York, New York
$100000 - $120000
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with e-billing rate submissions and client rate administration.
• Collaborate with billing/e-billing to troubleshoot pricing-related billing issues.
• Ensure pricing and finance databases are up-to-date and comply with clients’ rate arrangements and guidelines.
• Review newly opened matters to ensure compliance with clients’ rate arrangements and guidelines.
• Assist with financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis related to clients and matters; including data mining, cleansing, and reconciliation.
• Assist with design and implementation of economic models to project the financial impact of proposed client pricing arrangements and staffing models.
• Develop pricing and budget templates for different types of legal matters, including guidelines and frameworks to be applied.
• Communicate client and matter-specific financial terms to the Rate Administration team.
• Analyze data on client, matter and portfolio performance; providing and communicating reports to internal and external stakeholders.
• Participate in the development of dashboards and performance reporting, while ensuring data governance and integrity.
• Proactively monitor and manage agreements nearing expiration, agreements with milestone billing arrangements, and agreements with discounts that escalate as volume thresholds are met.
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant law firm experience.
· Ability to comprehend and apply complex rate structures and billing arrangements.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel in particular (including Pivot Tables and v-lookups).
· Proficiency with Aderant or other legal financial systems.
· Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, management, and partners.
· Must have the ability to adapt to cyclical periods, peak workloads, new assignments, and work independently to meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of Aderant and e-billing systems is a plus.