Senior Legal Assistant/ Litigation
Senior Legal Assistant/ Litigation
$90000 - $95000
* Assists with preparation of and filing/serving of court documents electronically via File & ServeXpress and PACER CM/ECF.
* Provides support throughout all phases of discovery, including document review, production and depositions.
* Assists with preparation for interviews, depositions, hearings, trials and/or client meetings.
* Proofreads motions, letters and other documents.
* Reviews motions, briefs and other court papers prior to filing, including cite-checking, Shepardizing and document formatting.
* Prepares and handles technical, complex filings, including confidential filing procedures and numerous exhibits.
* Drafts court papers including one-page motions, proposed orders, certificates of service, entries of appearance, transmittal affidavits, letters, verifications to complaints.
* Coordinates with managing law clerks and others to arrange for deadline reminders and distribution of court filings.
* Creates and organizes materials for hearings, such as casebooks and briefing binders.
* Runs searches, codes and pulls documents in Relativity databases.
* Prepares and finalizes privilege and redaction logs.
* Manages numerous deadlines by prioritizing tasks and delegating as necessary.
* Stays up-to-date on court rules and filing requirements.
* Handles advanced, complex projects.
* Ensures that all Litigation case files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems, and seeks to improve workflows regarding storage and recall of electronic and paper files.
* Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
* Maintains the integrity of client files.
* Performs non-legal research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other media and financial services sites, and/or other court-related websites for case law, statutes, articles, books, etc.
* Assists partners, associates and other legal assistants across offices, practice areas and throughout departments, as needed.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
* Manages Firm resources responsibly.
* Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Working knowledge of Delaware Court of Chancery, Supreme and Superior courts rules and procedures
* Working knowledge of Federal Court rules and procedures, including civil and criminal rules
* Demonstrated ability with complex court filings, in both paper and electronic (e-filing) formats
* Advanced knowledge of Excel
* Ability to fluently navigate various electronic databases and document management systems
* Working knowledge of Relativity and other e-discovery applications such as TextMap and CaseMap
* Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
* Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
* Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other court-related websites and/or media and financial services
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
* Ability to assume responsibility for assigned projects and tasks
* Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Demonstrates close attention to detail
* Flexibility to travel as required
* Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of five years of experience in a legal assistant position or a position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience