Senior National Events Manager
Senior National Events Manager
$150000 - $180000
The Senior National Events Manager is responsible for overseeing the team charged with executing client-facing events across the firm’s practices and US geographic footprint as well as events related to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts and Women’s Leadership Forum (WLF). The Senior National Events Manager will also lead a number of high-level, strategic and/or firm-wide events and special projects and will be dedicated to one of the firm’s premier practice groups. This position works collaboratively with the Marketing, Business Development and PR/Communications teams to ensure coordination, effective engagement of resources and processes, consistency of approach and high-quality execution of initiatives. The position maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
The Senior National Events Manager may be located in either our Chicago, New York or Washington, D.C. office. The Firm offers a hybrid work model, allowing the flexibility to work both on-site and remotely on a regular basis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Practice Events and Sponsorships
- Provide general oversight of practice, geographic, DEI and WLF events, including virtual or hybrid events and sponsorships. Duties include guiding or assisting events team on the design and approach to best achieve event objectives; supporting sponsorship relationships, including assisting in the management of sponsorship benefits; identify opportunities for external seminars and conferences where practice capabilities can be featured and amplified; ensuring effective event promotion; and overseeing the smooth planning and execution of events.
- Oversee high-profile or firm-wide events, including virtual and hybrid events, on design and approach to best achieve objectives; implementing event best practices; track event details and ROI; manage and develop budgets; selecting venues and managing venue relationships; vetting and selecting vendors for events; coordinating technology and A/V needs; managing relationships with catering companies; coordinating with various vendors for each event; managing invitation lists; overseeing creative deliverables and design; preparing event material; overseeing event promotion; managing on-site and/or virtual/hybrid logistics; identifying and sourcing of branded giveaways; and other responsibilities, as necessary.
- Attendance will be required for some conferences, seminars, webinars, and other events, as well as, local functions for other practices and office functions, as necessary.
Internal and Other Event Marketing Projects
- Identify innovative and creative ways to host and/or execute on firm practice, geographic DEI, and WLF-related events, as well as, to evaluate technology and processes that will streamline the execution and delivery of firm events, including those that are virtual and hybrid.
- Together with the Marketing Technology team, streamline marketing list used for event purposes.
- Maintain and/or refine event planning checklists, best practice documents, post-event evaluation forms and return on investment analysis while ensuring compliance.
- Oversee event metrics program, with a focus towards quantifying return on investment.
- Manage relationships with business, civic or charitable organizations in certain cities in which the firm has offices, including sponsorship benefits, fundraising events, etc.
- Directly manages and supervises employees and is responsible for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing; training; scheduling, monitoring, and approving overtime; planning, assigning, and directing work; budgeting; appraising performance through employee evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; making recommendations for hiring, promotion, compensation, bonus amounts, and termination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; and seven or more years legal practice marketing experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of services and capabilities of legal practices. Must develop credibility by building upon that knowledge, specific to the practices supported at the Firm.
- Excellent organizational and written skills, strong verbal communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and the capacity to work comfortably in a rapidly changing environment on multiple ongoing projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, business professionals including, but not limited to office administration, IT, office services, professional development, practice management and finance and outside vendors and contacts.
- Proficiency in database management as well as virtual platforms such as WebEx and Zoom. Knowledge of InterAction and Vuture.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative with excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detailed-oriented work environment.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Must also be able to work well independently, manage projects and maintain communications with various constituencies.
- Ability and availability to travel, when safe to do so, to other firms or event locations.