An AMLaw international law firm with over 700 attorneys is seeking a full-time Billing Coordinator to work closely with the Billing Team, clients, and attorneys in the preparation of client billing. The Billing Coordinator will be expected to apply organizational and communication skills with a positive and proactive attitude. Reports to the Team Lead and the Billing & Collections Manager. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Coordinate and maintain billing portfolios for assigned Billing Attorneys.
• Review client matter setups for accuracy – including rates and client specific coding based on client guidelines, deal information and/or engagement letters.
• Review time entries to ensure that the rates are reflected and extended properly.
• Preparation and editing of client bills for either hard copy and/or electronic formats.
• Application of internal policies and procedures related to the creation of client bills, billing adjustments, and other billing processes.
• Edit, transfer, write-off time and/or disbursements as directed by Billing Attorneys.
• Work closely with the eBilling Team to reconcile situations involving eBills and eBilling discrepancies.
• Provide accurate and detailed analytical information to Billing Attorneys, Clients, and Senior Management as requested.
• Finalize and process bills in Elite Enterprise; close and balance bill batches and logs.
• Work with the Pricing Team and confirm billing information as needed.
• Handle billing inquiries, client accruals, and account analysis/reconciliations.
• Work on researching client short payments and collection issues.
• Ad hoc projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 consistent years billing experience in a law firm.
• Proficiency in Elite Enterprise (3.8 or higher); 3E or CMS Aderant.
• Proficiency in MS Excel (ability to do pivotal tables and v-looks) and Word.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management and partners.
• Ability to adapt to cyclical periods, peak work loads, new assignments and work independently to meet tight deadlines.
• Must have flexibility to work outside scheduled hours as required (especially in 4th quarter).