A top law firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist to join their firm.
• Develop a deep understanding of the Firm’s practice areas, including services, expertise, clients
• Build strong business relationships with attorneys throughout the Firm;
• Collaborate with Business Development Manager and other key stakeholders to develop,
execute, and track various business development and cross-selling projects;
• Provide support for specific new business pursuits – including pitches, RFP responses and
• Develop best practice procedures for various programs designed to enhance the service provided
from the team including, creating custom proposal/RFPs, tracking opportunities and leads,
calculating ROI on events and sponsorships, collecting experience data, and implementing a
• Monitor market, industry and competitive trends for Corporate & Capital Market practice groups.
Conduct research related to clients, prospects, industry segments and competitors;
• Work with Business Development Manager and Practice Group Leaders to plan, facilitate and
attend department and practice group meetings, record notes and follow-up items; circulate postmeeting
summaries and expedite required follow-up with business development efforts
associated with meetings;
• Assist in the collection and maintenance of key practice group information, including experience,
client profiles, market intelligence and contact lists;
• Assist with the management of department and practice group budget processes;
• Plan conferences, events, seminars, webinars and other activities that offer networking
opportunities and access to prospects for assigned attorneys;
• Liaise with Marketing & Communications team on website content, marketing collateral and other
practice-specific content, respectively.
• Assist Marketing & Communications team to develop and raise practice area profiles through
submission of rankings, surveys, league tables, sponsorships and practice group events;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required and 4+ years of legal marketing experience, preferably with emphasis
in business development;
• Ability to establish credibility with legal personnel at all levels of the Firm;
• Demonstrates an efficient mix of confidence, tact, patience and persistence;
• High level of proficiency with all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Microsoft Excel,
Word and PowerPoint;