Our Client, A global law firm, is seeking a Legal Secretary to provide Secretarial Support to Attorneys in a particular practice or department.
• Screens and routes telephone calls, reviews and transcribes voicemails, responds to routine inquiries;
• Opens, sorts and processes attorney mail;
• Manages attorney emails in Outlook which includes reviewing, drafting, sending and printing emails;
• Manages Outlook calendar on behalf of attorneys;
• Creates and maintains client contacts in Outlook and InterAction;
• Prepares and distributes correspondence and other documents using excellent proofreading and formatting skills with the ability to offer support and suggestions relative to grammar, spelling and punctuation;
• Manages projects and coordinates distribution with the ability to use firm resources to delegate tasks in the successful completion of such projects; interacts with other departments and facets of the office, when appropriate, to coordinate larger scale projects (such as word processing and duplicating);
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and/or conferences, interacts with facilities and catering and manages all other details of the meeting;
• Coordinates conflict check and new matter memo process;
• Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares expense reports;
• Completes time entry on behalf of attorneys;
• Organizes and maintains legal correspondence and document files and utilizes Legal Key;
• Manages review and distribution of draft and final client bills which includes communication with attorneys and accounting representative relative to completion of bill;
• Completes various other assigned administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, scan documents to PDF and save to FileSite, faxes, creating labels, etc.;
• Performs accurately and in a timely fashion all word processing functions in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and exhibits the ability to learn new programs and processes quickly and efficiently.
• Strong typing skills with a minimum of 70 wpm;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat or PDF Converter Professional; willingness to learn other programs as required;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
• Performance Traits: (i.e. analytical, communication skills, problem solving abilities, etc.)
• Previous administrative experience required;
• Strong attention to detail, accurate work product, good follow through;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to maintain proactive client relationships and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients;
• Demonstrate ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, often under time constraints with minimum supervision;
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
• Motivated self-starting professional with the ability to work well within a team oriented environment and contribute to effective team relationships;
• Ability to change and adapt to current and future responsibilities and circumstances;
• Willingness to work flexible hours, with the knowledge that the position occasionally requires more than scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position;
• Proactive – takes initiative assisting clients and attorneys;
• Work with Supervisor to coordinate overflow work, arrange desk coverage and escalate items/issues that need immediate attention and/or resolution;
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to firm policies and procedures;
• Participation in projects and/or pilot programs as requested.
• Light lifting; up to 25 lbs.
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; 4 year College degree preferred
• Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 years