A leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to serve as the primary business development and marketing support person for its Alternative Capital & Debt Funds and its Specialty Finance teams in the Corporate, Finance and Investments practice group.
This role offers the opportunity to work closely with the partners in this area, as well as with colleagues across the firm’s Marketing Department, to help chart business development strategy and drive a range of new business and marketing initiatives. The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in the firm’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
• Strategy Execution Work with Associate Director of Business Development, team lead and other partners, and senior staff to help craft and execute respective business development and marketing strategies.
• Organize and drive client targeting program for Alternative Capital and Specialty Finance teams, including prompting and monitoring pursuit activities, and tracking results and ROI. Identify cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities for lawyers on the Alternative Capital and Specialty Finance teams with other teams at the firm.
• Conduct strategic research on potential clients, competitors and industry developments more broadly to identify business trends and opportunities and ensure the firm is optimally positioned to grow market share.
• Assist lawyers on the development of their individual business plans and provide ongoing business development coaching for individual partners.
• Pitches/RFPs Develop value-driven content for dynamic presentations in PowerPoint in connection with pitches and other new business opportunities.
• Draft and coordinate content for RFP responses. Maintain pitch/RFP files, log in pitch tracking system, and obtain outcome updates.
• Events and Conference Sponsorships Work with events team to organize and support K&S-hosted meetings, seminars, receptions, dinners, and other events, including invitation list development, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow-up activities. Identify and facilitate the firm’s participation in sponsorships, conferences, memberships and other key profile-building opportunities for the team and individual lawyers.
• Continuously maintain PowerPoint pitch decks, fact sheets, and website content for the Alternative Capital and Specialty Finance teams.
• Coordinate with Branding and Design to apply brand standards and use firm templates. Develop new collateral as requested. Coordinate content for submissions league rankings, legal directories and awards.
• Oversee the compilation and upkeep of precedent deal experience.
• Coordinate the Alternative Capital and Specialty Finance marketing budgets: vet big-ticket requests and analyze marketing expenses and effectiveness thereof Coordinate Alternative Capital and Specialty Finance team meetings and facilitate internal communications and knowledge sharing among team members and across the CFI practice group.
• Partner with other BD Team members across the firm to develop and execute initiatives to achieve solutions to key business projects.
• Successful candidates have excellent project management skills, are detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Candidates must be able to bring substantive knowledge and have the ability to work well with various stakeholders within the firm.
• Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and be proficient in contact relationship management databases, such as InterAction. Candidates are required to have an undergraduate degree; JD or MBA preferred.
• Candidates must have a strong background in finance and at least seven years of experience in a business development or marketing role within a law firm or similar professional services environment.