A prestigious law firm in Philadelphia is seeking a Senior IT Manager for its Philadelphia office. The Senior IT Manager is to report to the Regional IT Director, the IT Manager will manage IT staff in one or more local offices and will serve as an important liaison between IT and end-users.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• End-user Support
• Responsible for the day-to-day relationship with key business owners and leading the local team in the delivery of world-class customer service.
• Knowledgeable in firm technology and is able to consult with users to identify and recommend firm technology best suited for their needs; leads one or more offices in this area and researches and recommends technology not already deployed within the firm.
• Participates in various meetings with users within the offices for which the IT Manager is responsible, including but not limited to focus-group meetings, practice-group meetings, and staff meetings.
• Collaborates with fellow IT Managers in the firm, including discussions expected to improve operational processes (e.g., onboarding, project-management tools, etc.)
• Manages queues/SLAs for local IT teams in offices for which the IT Manager is responsible; resolves tasks and issues assigned to the group via ticketing software; meets defined SLAs and workload targets.
• Responsible for the ordering, deployment, inventory and maintenance of all local office hardware.
• Manages the delivery of level 2 mobility support within one or more offices.
• Leads one or more local office teams in providing desktop application support.
• Acts as liaison with other departments.
• Defines workflows as needed within existing software (ex. Service Now).
• Liaises with Level 3 teams in the completion of local IT infrastructure projects in one or more offices, (ex. cabling).
• May help maintain data center hardware; may participate in powering up or down a data center and provide emergency physical support after hours.
• Provides direct support and coaching to end users and leads one or more teams doing same with the firm’s commonly used hardware and software; performs research to help resolve issues (internal KB, Internet, etc.); identifies and escalates trends and makes suggestions on how to resolve them.
• Utilizes existing ServiceNow Knowledge Base articles to research incidents and problems; submits new articles for review and inclusion.
• Participates in a minimum of 85% of pre-pilots and reports findings; becomes familiar with each change; oversees participation of one or more offices.
• Supports meetings, on/offsite war rooms, trials; oversees the delivery of setup, configuring and tearing down hardware (computers, projectors, printers, etc.), gathers information and plans support activities, leads one or more offices to do same.
• Performs desk-side coaching, as needed, in conjunction with the Technology Education team, especially during large-scale roll-outs.
• Leads and participates in firm, regional and local projects as directed.
• Provides status reports and trending analysis to the Regional IT Director. Administrative and Operations Responsibilities
• Serves as an expert resource to team members within the office and the region
• Coordinates the desktop-support-related activities of team members and serves as the back-up to the Regional IT Director as requested.
• Mentors and trains team members, actively sharing knowledge and best practices, as needed and assigned. Other
• Serves as a local point of contact and participates in the vendor contracting process as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The incumbent of this job directly manages non-supervisory employees. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems or a related field, and,
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in IT or related field that includes a minimum of 7+ years in a supervisory or leadership role, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• To perform the job successfully, the IT Manager must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
• Strong client-service orientation
• Computer skills (see below)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability work individually and as part of a team
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability adapt to change and balance completing demands
• Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors
• Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations
• Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts)
• Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists COMPUTER SKILLS To perform this job successfully, the IT Manager must have a working knowledge of office productivity software and the Microsoft operating system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• None PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others.
• The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds with assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This job may require late and weekend hours.
• This job may require travel.