A top asset management firm in NY is seeking an accounts payable person.
As a member of the accounting department, this position will be responsible for entering accounts payable into Traverse general ledger software and maintaining Excel cash general ledgers, including processing accounts payable for all corporate entities and researching inquiries related to accounts payable. Supports the Director of Corporate Accounting and Controller with other financial reporting assignments as needed.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Process all forms of payment including wires or checks for vendors, data entry, coding/allocating invoices to general ledger accounts.
• Resolve all issues relating to accounts payable – i.e., work with vendors on research items, stop payments, vendor creation and maintenance within Traverse.
• Work with vendors to resolve issues on a timely and professional basis.
• Daily cash and position reconciliations for a wrap program account.
• Review expense reports in Concur for accuracy and appropriateness. Maintain T&E Excel schedules.
• Prepare Form-1099s at year end.
• Maintain W-9 files which includes proactive follow-up with vendors.
• Prepare and maintain marketing budgets.
• Assist with investment account reconciliations.
• Prepare quarterly rent tax and sales tax filings.
• Administrative functions such as: filing invoices, providing documents for year-end audits or sales tax audits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
• 3 years of experience in accounts payable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with strong Excel skills
• Experience using Traverse accounting software preferred
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Detail oriented and high degree of accuracy
• Strong communication skills. Duties often include interaction with other employees within the organization and with external vendors.
• Excellent organizational, planning and overall time management skills. Must be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize work.