The Business Service Representative will work closely with team leadership and the Sr. Receptionist in guiding the Reception team. S/he provides mentoring to team members in alignment with departmental goals and guidelines. S/he provides first level support for Business Service applications and troubleshoots system issues. S/he must demonstrate strong initiative; the ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently and make and support independent decisions. Like all other members of the team, the BSR professionally manages all aspects of hospitality and service interactions and will work as an extension of the Client & Visitor Services and other service teams to ensure that the highest level of support is delivered to all.
• Provides training in switchboard and Business Service applications. Drafts/revises training materials. Develops additional tools and processes to increase departmental efficiencies.
• Provides mentoring to the team members in alignment with departmental goals and guidelines.
• Provides 1st level of support for Business Service applications; Troubleshoot system issues.
• Makes adjustments to daily department schedules as needed and approved by team leadership.
• Produces high quality work; is efficient, accurate and has good attention to detail; consistently strives to improve performance; seeks opportunities to develop professionally and expand job knowledge. Displays a high level of personal integrity.
• Actively listens and responds to needs of others; interacts with co-workers in a tactful, respectful and positive manner. Contributes to a productive work environment by valuing diversity and the differences in people and ideas.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions:
• Manage visitor arrivals, announce and coordinate as needed.Greet and announce visitors, insuring that they are met by party in Reception area and escorted to their destination. Appropriately answer questions for internal and external clients.
• Answer incoming/internal calls in a pleasant, proficient and professional manner, directing callers to appropriate person or department for specific information. Utilize current scripts. Successfully transfer calls to intended recipients. Dispense “approved” information. Act as an information source and lend assistance to visiting internal clients.
• Maintain knowledge of and demonstrate professionalism in performing responsibilities associated with reception desks. Maintain a professional and welcoming environment for guests.
• Maintain and demonstrate expertise in the use of the voice mail/telephone systems; audio conference service procedures; and all software/technology supporting guests to the Firm. (Seamless, ePurchase, E-Conference, etc.) Maintain an understanding of Conference Room equipment (PCs, printers, copiers) and ready to lend assistance, as needed.
• Carefully screen all visitors entering Reception area to ensure safety. Immediately report all persons not recognized or verified to Security. Direct process servers with subpoenas to appropriate person in a timely manner.