An NYC financial analyst firm seeks a Paralegal/EA
Must be highly motivated and energetic, can work on a broad range of assignments encompassing general, litigation/regulatory and corporate administrative support. In this role, you work directly with senior leadership, and have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects that include:
• Perform eDiscovery reviews and prepare document productions responsive to requests for information from (i) regulators; (ii) other governmental or quasi-governmental authorities; (iii) private litigants.
• Maintain case management databases and logs.
• Assist in preparation for SEC and foreign regulatory inspections and inquiries.
• Draft resolutions and distribute materials for, and assist in the preparation and coordination of, meetings of the board of directors and board committees.
• Manage general corporate governance and maintenance for domestic subsidiaries, including formation, dissolution, preparing documentation for filings with state, local and other government agencies and organizing and maintaining corporate records and files.
• Work with outside counsel and foreign offices on administrative matters relating to the company’s foreign entities.
• Perform online legal and fact research.
• Communicate and coordinate with company managers and related departments, clients, vendors and/or outside counsel/agencies on select legal issues.
• Provide general periodic administrative support as needed for meeting organization and scheduling, general calendar control, Word, Excel and PowerPoint creation and editing, payment processing and filing.
• Bachelor’s degree required. An ABA-approved paralegal certificate a plus.
• Minimum of five years’ law firm or in-house experience with experience in both litigation support and basic corporate work; experience in eDiscovery preferred.
• Outstanding Microsoft Office and general computer skills. Familiarity with online research, litigation support and eDiscovery tools. Prior experience with Symantec/Clearwell eDiscovery Platform and SharePoint a plus.
• Experience reporting to multiple people, managing a variety of priorities and projects.
• Well-organized, strong attention to detail, superior work product and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to operate independently in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
• Ability to prioritize and make the appropriate tradeoffs as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, human resources, compliance and outside law firms.
• Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely manner.
• May be required to take and demonstrate levels of proficiency on skills-based assessments appropriate to the position.