Leading international law firm is seeking a Patent Agent. This position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will be responsible for advising clients on patent procurement for both U.S. and international enterprises, ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies.
• Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
• Performing prior art searches and analysis
• Patentability analysis
• Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
• Prepare substantive client correspondence
• Instruct foreign filings and office actions
• Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects * Assist in patent diligence matters relating to corporate transactions * Communicating with clients and investors
• A bachelor’s degree (and preferably an advanced degree) in a mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline with excellent academic credentials
• Registered patent agent
• A minimum of two years of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in examining or preparing and prosecuting patent applications
• Excellent writing and research abilities are a must, as well as proficiency in written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills Please submit a writing sample and transcript with resume.