A multiservice law firm is seeking a Sr. Messaging Engineer for the NY office.
Under the direction of the Director of Network Operations, the Sr. Messaging Engineer is responsible for the development and delivery of IT standards and best practices. The Sr. Messaging Engineer will design and maintain messaging related systems and architecture to ensure a secure,stable environment for the firm.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
– Design, Manage and Develop the Firm’s Microsoft Exchange environment including related platforms and services; Active Directory,Spam, Archiving, Security, Instant Messaging.
– Maintain and oversee the Firm’s Mobile Management/Messaging Infrastructure.
– Maintain backup/restore and test procedures for disaster recovery.
– Manage remote messaging/mobile access to the network.
– Provide senior level and escalated support to engineers, helpdesk, and end users.
– Actively pursues opportunities to improve the existing environment
– Participates in preparing and testing the disaster recovery plan.
– Responsible for maintaining information security standards and best practices for the organization.
– Ability to troubleshoot a variety of network/systems issues including connectivity, routing, latency, performance degradation.
– Provide 24×7 response and assistance, when necessary, for all urgent and related responsibilities.
The Sr. Messaging Engineer will be expected to have:
– Significant experience designing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016/O365 Enterprise environments.
– Experience with Exchange migrations, Exchange DAG, and running Exchange in Hybrid mode. (Exchange 2010-2016-O365)
– Demonstrated knowledge of E-mail Archiving, through native or third-party solutions.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Servers and Desktop systems (Powershell experience a plus)
– Demonstrated knowledge troubleshooting Network connectivity and routing issues.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Mobile Device Management (Blackberry/MobileIron experience a plus.)
– Demonstrated knowledge of Instant Messaging/Presence/UC ( Jabber experience a plus.)
– Demonstrated knowledge of Virtualization Technologies; VMWare, Hyper-V
– Demonstrated knowledge of Security Identity Management and Authentication. Okta experience a plus.
– Demonstrated knowledge of messaging security technologies including message/spam filtering, transport threats and vulnerabilities,intrusion detection, antivirus and antimalware. (Mimecast experience a plus.)
– Exceptional communication skills both within and outside of the IT Department.
– Commitment to standards and documentation.
– The ability to handle multiple priorities successfully.
– Experience in project management and supervisory roles.
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with team members and internal clients.
Education and Experience
– Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology and/or equivalent industry certifications. At least 5 years of experience managing a Microsoft/Exchange network environment.